Terms & Conditions
Our terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions for Provision of Temporary Accommodation Service (Short Rental)
1. Last minute reservations, with less than 72 hours before the arrival date, needs to be confirmed directly with our office.
2. The reserved accommodation is intended solely for the provision of temporary accommodation services (vacations), and no other activity can be practiced.
3. The person responsible for the reservation must be at least 30 years old and must stay in the reserved accommodation during the entire stay. Identification documents of all occupants will be requested upon arrival. Clever Details reserves the right to confirm that it is being respected during the stay, under penalty of immediate cancellation of the service provision without refund of the amount paid and security deposit.
4. It is not allowed:
4.1. Exceeding the occupancy of the property. The maximum occupancy of the property is mentioned in the advertisement.
4.2. Pets are not allowed in the accommodation
4.3. Inflatable pools or other equipment that are not included in the property are not allowed.
4.4. It is not allowed to use electricity for charging electric cars or similar
4.5. Smoking is not permitted inside the properties.
4.6. In case of suspicion of non-compliance with points 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and 4.5, Clever Details reserves the right to confirm by accessing the property, without prior notice. Failure to comply with the mentioned points and to be confirmed by Clever Details, results in the immediate cancellation of the Local Accommodation service, without refund of the amount paid for the accommodation and security deposit, and the guest is obliged to leave the property immediately.
5. The guest must undertake to respect the noise law, in accordance with portuguese law no 9/2007- art 24.
6. After completing your booking request a confirmation of availability will be sent with instructions of payments or if the deposit has been paid through our website the information about the arrival will be sent.
A confirmation deposit of 30% of the total must be paid within 48 hours. The balance must be settled until 8 weeks before arrival.
The remaining balance must be paid up to 8 weeks before the day of arrival, otherwise the reservation will be canceled and point 10.1 of these terms will apply.
We have the following payment methods available: Paypal, MB Way, ATM reference, credit card, bank transfer.
7. Properties are inspected by the cleaning team and maintenance team prior to each occupancy. A breakage/damage deposit must be paid upon arrival to cover any damages caused to the property and/or the condominium, as well as fees applied for disregarding the rules at the time of departure.
This amount will be returned at the end of the stay after key deliver and inspection to the property, if there are no breakages or damages.
In the event of an accident happen during the stay, Clever Details has to be notified immediately.
If the damages exceed the value of the deposit, they will be the responsibility of the customer.
The amount of the security deposit is mentioned in the advertisement of each property.
8. Minimum stay:
8.1 From 1st September until 30th June - 5 nights
8.2 From 1st July until 31st August - 7 nights
9.1 All rates are per property and per night and can be changed without previous notice, however after a booking is confirmed the conditions at the time will always be valid
9.2 The rates includes towel change every 3/4 days. Surface cleaning and change of sheets is done for stays of 10 nights or more. Maintenance, water, gas, electricity and the use of any equipment that is part of the property description presented by CleverDetails, such as air conditioning, internet, safe, swimming pool are included in the rate.
9.3 All prices include VAT
9.4 Rates do not include pool heating (when this facility exists) and abusive use of water (for example, use of inflatable pools that are not allowed, car washing, neglecting to leave taps open) and electricity (for example in case of continuous use, without interruption of the air conditioners/heaters).
9.5 It is expressly prohibited to supply electricity to third parties and equipment that does not belong to the properties, namely electric vehicles, motorhomes, refrigerated vehicles, among others, under penalty of non-return of the deposit. In Vilamoura there are several points for loading vehicles.
10. After booking is confirmed and the confirmation deposit payed, the following penalties will apply in case of cancellation:
10.1. Up to 8 weeks before arrival: the deposit will not be refunded
10.2 Period of less than 8 weeks until the date of entry will be charged the full amount.
10.3 Date changes will only be accepted if the same number of nights is maintained, however a fee of 43.05 euros will be charged for each change.
10.4 Reduction in the number of nights is considered a cancellation and points 10.1 and 10.2 apply
10.5 Changes to properties are considered cancellations.
11. The occupancy of the accommodation on the day of entry (check in time) will be between 4 pm and 6 pm. Any changes to the previously stated times must always be informed and agreed by CleverDetails.
There is an extra charge for Meet & Greet after 6pm:
- between 18:00 and 24:00 - 35 euros
- between 24:00 and 01:00 - 50 euros
- between 01:00 and 09:00 - 100 euros (subject to avaialability)
12. The check out is until 11am
Any changes to the previously stated times must always be informed and agreed by CleverDetails.
13. The properties are self-catering, upon arrival Clever Details provides two rolls of toilet paper per bathroom and a garbage bag in each bin. No items are replaced and all detergents and consumables (eg toilet paper) are the responsibility of the customer. On the departure day the property needs to be tidy before the inspection by Clever Details. The following items needs to be checked:
- Barbecue/oven if used needs to be cleaned or a penalty of 20 euros will be charged from the security deposit.
- Dishes & pantry items need to be washed or a penalty of 20 euros will be charged from the security deposit.
- No rubbish in the property or a penalty of 20 euros will be charged from the security deposit.
14. CleverDetails, Lda. cannot be responsible for any anomalies that may occur in the property or in common areas of the building as long as the responsibility is held by the condominium administration company or by coucil: Examples: swimming pool, tv Aerials, Wifi, elevators, sanitation...
15. CleverDetails, Lda. cannot be held responsible for any stolen or missing object inside or outside the property, as well as objects forgotten after check out.
If any object is left behind on departure, the guest will be responsible for sending them. The objects will be sent on collection, shipping costs will be charged (envelope, box, postage cost, registration, etc.) and Clever Details services of 18.45 euros will be added on shipping costs.
16. For 7 nights stays, change towels once a week.
For stays with 10 nights and more, a surface cleaning is done, towels and bed linen changed on the 7th day. Maid duties include making beds, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping or mopping floors and wiping kitchens surfaces. Washing of clothes, dishes or ironing are not part of their duties.
17. Towels on the floor will not be replaced. Towels must be handled by guests carefully so that they do not get stained. If there is stains or make up on the towels it will be charged from the security deposit as below:
Per Bath towel – 20,00€
Per Hand towel – 8,50€
Per Bath matt – 7,00€
Set of bed linen for single bed - 25,00€
Set of bed linen for double bed - 35,00€
18. Any changes to the places of the furniture or decoration items must always be informed and agreed by CleverDetails. If Clever Details will not be informed and agreed a penalty of 100 euros will be charged from the security deposit.
19. Clever Details is forced to record the entry, exit, and identification details of all non Portuguese nationals who use our accommodation. This law has been brought into force in Portugal and most other EU countries at some point since the gradual implementation of the 1990 Schengen Agreement that aims to stop human trafficking and other illegal practices. In this case, it is specifically Article 45 of the Schengen Agreement and the recent Alojamento Local law in Portugal that has brought this rule into sharper focus. The governing body that monitors the movement of foreigners is SEF (Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras or the Immigration and Borders Service).
21. As it is a provision of Temporary Accommodation service (holiday rentals), Clever Details reserves the right to intervene whenever any equipment in the property has to be repaired (eg air conditioning unit, refrigerator, oven, etc). This intervention will be communicated to the guest.
22. In villas or apartments with a private pool/garden, the maintenance and disinfection of the pool is carried out by the person in charge hired by the owner and will be carried out with the help of daily filtering/debugging (programmed by clock) eliminating much of the dirt introduced by the weather factors (rain, sun, wind) and pool users (bathers), the addition of chemical products will be done weekly in order to eliminate bacteria, algae and viruses. The intervention by the employees is short but it is essential to maintain the quality of the service and equipments. The guest will not be able to block access to the gardeners or ask them to return later.
23. The parking space or garage, when it is available in our properties, it is for private use of the tenants and residents in a condominium. Clever Details is not responsible for any damage, theft or robbery of vehicles, or property existing inside the vehicles, or for any damage caused to people or property.